Re: How to express a Person's height

Am 18.06.2019 um 11:05 schrieb Jarno van Driel:
> I understand why neither an array of values (eg, first item in the array
> covers feet, second item inches) or an 'ItemList' would do the job,
> however, since I've been missing on this mailing list for some time now
> (personal reasons) I was wondering whether by now there was something like
> an 'and' or 'plus' operator/property so that one can express: 5 feet + 7
> inches.
>
> Now I also understand why converting a value lik 5'7" to a single
> measurement (like inches) would be the way to go for many here but
> unfortunately this isn't feasible for every publisher, especially ones that
> don't do a lot of inhouse development (aka, people/organizations with small
> budgets). And thus was hoping the community had maybe come up with
> something already like the 'and' or 'plus' operator/property I mentioned
> above.
>
> But alas, it looks like I'll be manually converting a few hundred height
> ranges to a single measurement value after all. Thanks for weighing in
> nonetheless though.

I'm sorry I can not help with any news regarding operators, though I can
recommend a way around manual conversion of measurements:
have you heard of RML: http://rml.io/

you can build mapping files in YAML syntax with their handy editor:
http://rml.io/yarrrml/matey/

you can define functions within the mapping files that do the conversion
for you

and we built an easy to deploay NodeJS mapper to process your mapping
files: https://www.npmjs.com/package/rocketrml