Re: Historical events

On Tue, 29 May 2018 at 05:48, chaals is Charles McCathie Nevile <
chaals@yandex.ru> wrote:

> This is true. And that isn't a concern limited to schema.org :(
>
> (As an historian, I am often frsutrated by this view of "what the web is
> for", and its impact on what we can usefully do :( ).

There used to be a note from Library of Congress on these kinds of issues,
http://www.loc.gov/standards/datetime/pre-submission.html but I see it was
updated last year to say:

*This note added August 18, 2017* - ammended January 16, 2018

*This draft specification is superceded; EDTF functionality has been
integrated into a draft revision of ISO 8601 to be published in 2018.*

The revision of ISO 8601 consists of two parts. Part 2 is Extensions, one
of which is EDTF. (The full functionality of this draft specification is
retained, however several syntactic changes were necessary, to satisfy
international requirements.)

Draft International Standard DIS ISO 8601-2018 has successfully completed
DIS ballot and is now in final editing stage .

Hopefully this includes open-ended date ranges...

Dan