From WikiObject to Product Schema

From: Quico Prol <franprol@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 19:26:23 +0100
To: public-schemaorg@w3.org
Hi,

TL:TR

Asking for general guidelines/opions about use https://schema.org/Product
on this https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiObject

thanks

No TL:TR

I'm Quico from Spain

I'm part of some social iniciatives, a small engineering company, and also
work for public administration. Among the things I like are data, open
source and self-paced contributing.

During some time I was trying to make happen a kind of Wikipedia of
Objects, where all product data were structured, open and free avaliable.

First attemp was set with a friend an old pc cluster running apache
cassandra to relate items in RDF style in 2012, what was a complete
disaster.

After discover Wikidata I felt that something like a Wikipedia of Objects
should run over Wikidata for a lot of reasons: same philosophy,
infraestructure ready, not reinventing wheel, etc ... so I started to make
proof of concepts on wikidata, here an example:

https://tools.wmflabs.org/reasonator/?&q=26205901

everything is explaneid here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiObject

Then I re-discover schema.org and Extensions make me start questioning that
could be good to define specific vocabaries/extensions for each type of
object, like LED Lamps <https://tools.wmflabs.org/reasonator/?&q=1553201>
with their own properties (Luminous intensity
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P3041>) so people could start
sharing objects information as schema.org
does

greetings