Re: Historical events

The lack of progress in this conversation shows the limitation of the
static propositional view of knowledge representation taken by the
semantic web. The teams that are making real progress have abandoned the
static approach to modeling knowledge and realize that a model is a
program that a cognitive system executes to explain some data. That is
the semantics. Without specifying how the program will be executed with
some sample data, there is no knowledge representation. For example,
here is what Gamalon says who has the world's state-of-the-art language
representation system: "models should be programs"
https://gamalon.com/technology/

Trying use static ontologies and triples to do something more
sophisticated that tabulating data will fail (as this thread and the
lack of progress over the decades has shown).

- Jeff