Re: Historical events

Allison,

1. "Thanks for being a great English Teacher".  We need more!
2. Forget English around here, it will help, honestly for now :-)  If I
sound cruel, bare with me, please, because I mean no harm or insult to you
at all.  In fact, I do want to help you, but in order to do so, I need more
information from you.  Instead, begin thinking about "organizing file
folders and papers".  So you have a huge file folder to organize and bring
some structure and understanding to.  You have those bits and bobs that you
were trying to apply Schema.org to.

You did not explain yet this imaginary "file folder" or use case that your
trying to organize.  I asked you for use cases earlier and you skipped
answering it in your last reply and instead began talking about a proposed
type "HistoricalSignificant".  I could care less what we call
it..."crapBag", doesn't matter at this point :)  What I sincerely care
about is what kind of DATA will be captured underneath it.

So,  let's address your real questions.  Continue to give us data that you
have trouble fitting into existing Schema.org and we will provide a way to
do so, AND if we can't, THEN we can talk about any "crapBag" new type. :)
Again, I mean no offense, and I truly just want you to be able to use
Schema.org and learn how to appropriately use it and then we can see where
problems might lie in Schema.org.

SO, let's begin.

Earlier you mentioned about :

An essay concerning pestilential contagion, by John Davis (1748)

and you wanted to know about how to say that this CreativeWork is about
"pestilence".  Here's how:
{

"@context": "http://schema.org",

"@type": "CreativeWork",

"name": "An essay concerning pestilential contagion ",

  "author": { "name": "John Davis",
              "sameAs": "????? no idea"
             },
"about": { "name": "pestilence",
           "sameAs" : "https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q18123741"
         },
"subjectOf": "Historical English Diseases",

"dateCreated": "1748"
}

OK, what other use cases do you need help in applying Schema.org ?
Let me know,
-Thad