Re: Historical events

On Sun, 03 Jun 2018 13:35:31 +0200, Richard Wallis
<richard.wallis@dataliberate.com> wrote:

> HistoricalPeriod - I think there is some potential for a new type here,
> probably based upon Event (to follow Schema.org patterns) — describing
> The >Jurassic Period, The Middle Ages, Elizabethan Era, the 1960’s, etc.
> needs some help from the vocabulary.

I think it would be good to cover time periods better in general - as far
as I know we haven't yet sorted out such things as businesses that open
twice in a single day (as massive numbers do in Spain), so maybe time
things are hard...

Noting the problem of HistoricalEvent and when it happeed, I would suggest
that HistoricalPeriod is a misnomer, and we want to describe time without
making it relative to where we are now. Is "2020" or "the 46th presidency
of the US" or "the Reign of King Charles II of England" an historical
event? What about "the 21st century"? (If we switch to some other calendar
that one migth get easier ;) ).

cheers

--
Chaals: Charles (McCathie) Nevile find more at https://yandex.com