How are schema.org specifications written?

From: Marco Brandizi <marco.brandizi@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 11:59:57 +0000
Hi all,

I'd like to define a data model for an application, possibly trying to
reuse and extend schema.org. Because part of the audience I have is not
so technical, I'd like to start from something simpler than a formal
schema language (with which I mean things like XSD, OWL, UML/XMI).

So, this is where I come with the question: how are the schema.org
documentation pages written? Do their authors make translations (e.g.,
to RDFS) out of RDF-a annotated pages? Do they do vice-versa? or do they
start from another type of root document?

Thanks in advance,

Marco Brandizi <marco.brandizi@gmail.com>
http://www.marcobrandizi.info