Re: Proposal – extension for Athletics

From: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 14:19:19 +0000
To: Phil Barker <phil.barker@hw.ac.uk>, public-schemaorg@w3.org
Phil,

Yeap, we're saying the same things.
I was pointing out the subtle differences also.

1. Completing something
2. Discovering something

3. Receiving something for accomplishing # 1
4. Receiving something for accomplishing # 2

(In English we have multiple words to choose for all 4 of those concepts)

Where this proposal is for # 3.  I get that. I understand that.

But there are Type needs for # 1, # 2, and # 4  where we are missing
subtypes that we currently don't have.

# 3  Prize - award given to a winner of a competitive event
# 4  Award, Badge, Achievement - an award for finishing or completing a Goal

# 2 Discovery
# 1 Finished

I don't want to mix the 4 concepts in Schema.org.  Another vocabulary
besides Schema.org is welcome to mix those and confuse publishers and
machines.

(I also prefer my definition of a Prize, since it mentions its given to a
winner, and less confusing when translated to other languages.  Whereas
Aaron's definition gives the feeling that the prize is given to the
competition itself and not the winner)

Anyways, I think the above now summarizes my true feelings.
-Thad