Re: Improvement of www.schema.org/menu

Sorry to be pedantic ;-) , but in fact, the SI base unit for mass is the
kilogram.
See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_System_of_Units#Base_units and
http://physics.nist.gov/Pubs/SP330/sp330.pdf (section 2.1.1.2) and
http://www.bipm.org/en/publications/si-brochure/kilogram.html

The gram is the base unit for mass in the old CGS system - but not in the
modern SI system.

QUDT will be more useful and more complete when version 2.0 is finally
released - and has very useful machine-readable triples for expressing the
dimension of each unit (is it a mass, a length, etc.) and conversion
factors and offsets between units that belong to the same physical
dimension (e.g. to convert between various units of mass or between various
units of length).

In GS1 and the GS1 web vocabulary, for the value of
http://gs1.org/voc/unitCode we use a string value indicating a Measurement
Unit from UN/ECE Recommendation 20 code tables, e.g. GRM for gram, KGM for
Kilogram, MGM for milligram and MC for microgram.  A 2005 edition of the
code tables is available at
http://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/cefact/recommendations/rec20/rec20_rev3_Annex3e.pdf

Personally, I'd much prefer the QUDT approach but industry does currently
use the UN/ECE Rec 20 code tables for expressing units of measure, even if
some of these UN ECE code strings are completely opaque and non-intuitive,
e.g. 28 = kilogram per square metre.