Re: Schema.org, Enumerations and Wikidata proposal

On Apr 13, 2017 23:57, "Denny Vrandečić" <vrandecic@google.com> wrote:

Once we know what we want, I think the next step is to initiate a
conversation with the Wikidata community to make sure they like it too. I
am happy to initiate that once we have agreement here.

I agree with Martin Hepp that we should be mindful of the exact approach -
I don't think we are planning a whole snapshot of Wikidata. My currently
favorited solution is basically a materialized SPARQL query with the
results stored on lists.schema.org, and rerun on release, but at the same
time always allowing the Q-Identifier as well (since these should remain
stable, as Martin's work indicates).

That is more or less the approach I took with properties last year, except
the only artifact I generated from the SPARQL results was a json-ld context
file.

A related integration to consider is other [what we have recently called]
external extensions such as GS1's vocab, see http://gs1.org/voc/

As with Wikidata they manage, release, update this externally to schema.org's
process, and yet there is interest in having their vocab discovered from
our schema.org site and in encoraging instance data to use their vocabulary
where possible. So we should consider where/how within schema.org we would
expect GS1's "cheeseFirmness" property, or their various types, to show up,
just as we are asking for Wikidata. Also note that term naming clashes are
possible between these repositories, if unlikely.

Dan