Re: Schema.org, Enumerations and Wikidata proposal

I see the wish to have a bit more stable identifiers for enumerated values, but I have serious doubts that importing snapshots of those into the schema.org namespace is a lasting solution. If there is one thing I have learned from deriving vocabularies from external standards like eClass etc., it's that infrequent, static translations of an independently evolving external standard cause a lot of problems.

Language and standards are living things and they need to evolve.

If the sponsors of schema.org need more stability, they should IMO use cached versions of Wikidate entries internally for data quality heuristics in markup.

It would also be useful to have a better versioning mechanism directly built into Wikidata.

But exporting static snapshops does not seem to be a good move to me.

By the way, we have shown a few years ago that even Wikipedia URIs are pretty stable at the level of what they identify despite the heavy amount of edits, see

    http://www.heppnetz.de/files/hepp-siorpaes-bachlechner-harvesting%20wikipedia%20w5054.pdf

Just my two cents, of course ;-)

Best

Martin