Re: Health-Lifesci extension question

From: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 20:17:11 -0500
To: Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com>
Tim,

No one is trying to change the definition that we currently have in
Schema.org

In the world there are generally 2 generally used definitions of Diet.

1. That typically spoken about by a Biologist. (biological needs of a
lifeform)
2. That typically spoken about by a Nutritionist.  (Lifestyle or Restricted
or Health goal oriented)

Schema.org has # 2 (well, mostly aligned with # 2)

Wikidata.org has # 1 (currently, but were the referenced Wikipedia article
meaders back and forth between # 1 and # 2...but no matter, the Wikidata
topic is firmly in the realm of # 1 with its current description)

The two classes are not equivalent but where Dan and others are saying #2
could be thought of as a subclass of #1.

I'm OK with that and now just need to get Wikidata 'external subclass'
figured out.
I've posited the question to them on their mailing list and awaiting a
response.

Thad