Re: Non-schema.org ontologies

From: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 20:18:51 -0500
To: Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com>
Hi Timothy,

I'm sure we can appreciate knowing where every public toilet is at in
Australia.

I would NOT normally go to a search engine and type "public toilet near
me".  Nor do I think a result set is the best visualization for listing
toilets.  A map is better.

Building cool integration inside the browser itself takes time and Google
and others provide us with many we take for granted on a daily basis, and
get little payback other than 'Thanks Google!' and a few pennies from side
advertising such 'plumbing supplies', pretty niche.

To that end, its unlikely to get much pizzazz from others on this cause of
yours, and I personally wouldn't care to see them on Google Maps, but
instead would prefer a dedicated App to perform and use datasets like
that...but how to find such an App ?  Oh wait.. :)

Google provides a listing of Apps that provide that same information for
you to install with a single click on Android.

Try it... Google Search:  'public toilet near me'

It just works. :)

(Dear Australia:  I wonder how many tax dollars you spent to put that
toilet dataset together, rather than feeding your poor or drilling a water
well for a community and other more useful causes ?)

Thad