Re: Legal issues and services extension

Hello

>> I’ve been working with courts and legal clinics to create an initial
>> classification of the types of information that need to be delivered to
>> end-users, as they search for help.
>>
>> The information classes are in 4 main categories:
>>
>> 1. Legal conditions (the issues that the legal system can help you solve,
>> like needs for a name change, clearing record, starting a company, getting
>> a divorce, protection against an abuser, response to eviction, etc. —
>> taking how people describe their problems and framing it into legal terms)
>> 2. Service providers (the govt., private, non-profit, and online/DIY
>> services that can help a person deal with this condition, and where they’re
>> located, what their availability is, and what eligibility factors they
>> require)
>> 3. Legal process (the tasks, forms, deadlines, fees, and other procedural
>> information to know to deal with the condition)
>> 4. Legal rules/codes (the official, jurisdiction-specific statements from
>> the govt. about what is allowed, what rights people have, what duties they
>> have, etc.)
>>

>> For your point 4 above, please have a look at the proposed
>> legal.schema.org extension : https://github.com/schemaorg/
>> schemaorg/issues/1156 and examples of how to describe a legislation in a
>> legal portal using schema.org plus this extension at
>> http://legal.eli-legislation-schemaorg.appspot.com/Legislation. Please
>> contribute if you have comments or ideas.
>>

> As noted above; why legal rather than law?

The proposal adresses only law/legislation, but following this comment
<https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/1156#issuecomment-223697081>
from Dan Brickley we moved it to a broader "legal.schema.org" (as far as
the proposal is concerned, it doesn't really matter) : "I'm inclined to
explore this as a foundation for something like "legal.schema.org" covering
both the description of legislation but also other aspects e.g. case law /
court documents, which @stuartrobinson <https://github.com/stuartrobinson>
and others have been looking into. That would be consistent with what we've
done for the medical/health parts of schema.org".

Thomas

--

*Thomas Francart* -* SPARNA*
Web de *données* | Architecture de l'*information* | Accès aux
*connaissances*
blog : blog.sparna.fr, site : sparna.fr, linkedin :
fr.linkedin.com/in/thomasfrancart
tel :  +33 (0)6.71.11.25.97, skype : francartthomas