RE: Trump vs. Ontology

Tim, a decade and a half ago, OASIS specified Human Markup Language but it did not address our essence as human beings, at least not in terms of values: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Markup_Language & https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=humanmarkup

<Value <http://xml.govwebs.net/stratml/references/StrategicPlanISOVersion20140401.html> >(s) is among the core elements of the Strategy Markup Language (StratML) schema.  The others are: Mission, Vision, Goal(s), Objective(s), and Stakeholder(s), along with the name(s) of the Organization(s) compiling the plan.

Although the StratML standard (ISO 17469-1) is primarily aimed at organizations whose plans and reports should be matters of public record, it can also be used by individuals who choose to lead mission/goal-directed lives and need to engage others who share their values in order to achieve their common and complementary objectives.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategy_Markup_Language

Some of the standard’s prospective use cases are documented at http://xml.govwebs.net/stratml/carmel/iso/UC4SwStyle.xml

Several of President-elect Trump’s plans are available in StratML format at http://ambur.net/index.html#StratML and some of the values he has expressed are documented in these two:  http://ambur.net/stratml/HR2MAGAwStyle.xml & http://ambur.net/stratml/DTTPwStyle.xml

Hopefully, machine intelligence will soon be applied more “maturely” (in the sense of the CMM) to help us not only engage each other more efficiently, on a worldwide basis, but also align our personal performance more effectively with our values.

The first step in helping machines do a better job of helping us is to document our objectives in an open, standard, machine-readable formal like StratML.  See also http://xml.govwebs.net/stratml/carmel/iso/SMLTASwStyle.xml#_2384fab6-208f-11e6-8dd1-b735871eb3cb

BTW, the distinction between machine-readable documents versus machine-readable data is explained at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine-Readable_Documents  (Note the relevance of that issue to the U.S. election.)

Also, BTW, this Google site-specific query <https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Australia&btnG=Google+Search&domains=xml.fido.gov%2Fstratml&sitesearch=xml.fido.gov%2Fstratml>  reveals that Australia is referenced in about 200 of the >3,600 plans currently in the StratML collection.

See also http://ambur.net/WildXML.html#PersonalXML

Owen Ambur

Chair, AIIM  <http://xml.fido.gov/stratml/index.htm> StratML Committee

Co-Chair Emeritus,  <http://xml.fido.gov/> xml.gov CoP