publisher field for Blogposts and websites

From: Bäck, Gerald <gerald@baeck.at>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 08:36:32 +0200
Hi,

I am currently doing my first steps with JSON-LD and try it on my private
blog. As far as I understand Blogposts do require a publisher field, which
can only be an organisation. But I think it should be possible for persons
to be publishers too, but I also would like to question, that blogposts or
even Websites do need a publisher field at all.

I tested my blog with Google's Structured Data Testing Tool. Interestingly
enough the tool did not complain about the publisher being a Person, but
that the publisher entitiy had no logo, which on the other hand is not
allowed as a field for a person.

https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool#url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.baeck.at%2Fblog%2F2016%2F05%2F30%2FWahlmanipulationen%2F

I also tested the root of my blog, which is defined as website, also with
myself as a publisher person. This time the tool was fine with it.

https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool#url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.baeck.at%2F

thx, Gerald

----
DI Gerald Bäck | fb <https://facebook.com/geraldbaeck> | blog