Preparing for next schema.org release

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 17:55:30 +0000
It's time to start turning the handles that generate new schema.org releases.

One of those is collecting up quick fixes and easy wins, from our
large collection of work-in-progress open issues over at Github:
http://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues

There is a draft release, not yet a release candidate, at
http://sdo-deimos.appspot.com/docs/releases.html and an associated
tracking issue for the release at
https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/911 (findable as always
via #1).

We had a few aspirations for this release, only some of which have
been met. The two areas where we have had substantive / complex
proposals, decent discussion, but no solid resolution yet are around
Hotels and Opening Hours. It would be good if more members of the
schema.org community group could take a look at those topics and help
nudge things towards rough consensus. This is in addition to
identifying as many un-addressed quick fix possibilities as possible.
We can coordinate via the #911 issue in Github and this mail thread.

I suggest we give it a week or so discussing online (github and email)
then aim to wrap things up via an audio teleconference
(phone/skype/hangouts, whichever seems most convenient). Let's aim to
make a new release of schema.org that captures our progress during
March 2016...

cheers,