Re: schema.org properties with multiple value types

To my understanding, the range and domain information is correct. While the typical case will be that the element that supersedes another element is of the same top-level type (Class, Property, or Enumeration), it is simply not ruled out that a deprecated element is superseded by another element of a different top-level type. So schema.org does not rule out superseding e.g. a class by a property.

I do not see a problem with that, since supersededBy simply points to another schema.org element that should be considered in lieu of the first element. supersededBy does not guarantee equivalence and thus also does not constrain us to pure renaming of elements, but also change the underlying patterns or definitions.

Best

Martin
martin hepp  http://www.heppnetz.de
mhepp@computer.org          @mfhepp