Re: The role of Role in Schema.org

Thanks for a great blog post! I I agree it could be massaged into the
documentation.

It is indeed very useful way to do qualified relationships, in a way
similar to how we did in PROV-O  [1], but with schema roles it is
generic, as you simply reuse the same property on both sides. Hence
you don't need to specialize schema:Role unless you start building up
a set of specific attributes.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/prov-o/#description-qualified-terms

What can be bit confusing is the mixing in of provenance attributes
like start/end/rolename which seem very activity-related, and the big
overlap with events and actions, e.g. http://schema.org/JoinAction

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, eScience Lab
School of Computer Science