Re: Finalising bib.schema.org 1.0 proposal

On 22 April 2015 at 19:44, Corey A Harper <corey.harper@nyu.edu> wrote:
> Hi Richard, et al.,
>
> I just wanted to state again for the record that I think it's premature to
> be doing archival container modeling with this kind of time-frame. I
> remember the length of deliberation we went through earlier in this group to
> achieve some kind of consensus on a bib extension with a much narrower
> scope. It feels problematic to me to do something completely new, for an
> unrepresented-but-related domain, with input from very few people.
>
> I don't disagree with what you've laid out in principle. I do worry about
> fostering ill will with the archives community if this group runs with the
> proposal as is without giving anyone from that domain a chance to chime in.
>
> Anyway, do with my comment what you will. I just wanted to share the
> concern.

Can suggest which specific pieces that should be postponed? And in
general I'm sympathetic on keeping this version modest. We should
consider this first version of the first hosted extension to be a baby
step, the start of a journey rather than the arrival at the
endpoint...

Dan