Re: Finalising bib.schema.org 1.0 proposal

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Owen Stephens <owen@ostephens.com> wrote:

> I still feel this is rushed. Most of the things here have not been
> discussed, and the number of people contributing to the discussion is
> minimal which makes it hard to feel there is community consensus around any
> of this one way or the other.
>
> I don’t believe we have had a proper discussion about the pros/cons of
> splitting this into multiple extensions (for which ‘Comic’ could be a
> candidate).

Specifically on the pros/cons of splitting Comic* out into a separate
extension:

* We've previously discussed Comics in a fair amount of depth in this
schemabibex community, including the involvement of domain experts like
Peter and Henry.  And now that Sean has joined the discussion and given it
a reasonably positive response, it seems like it is pretty much ready to
roll. At least, ready for a 1.0 (or maybe it should be 0.1 given the state
of the supporting code, etc) "extension" release, given that a theoretical
advantage of an extension is that we should be able to iterate more quickly
than core schema.org can (e.g. tweaking property descriptions).

* There's a ton of overlap in the bibliographic domain and the comics
domain. It seems like splintering the discussions and extensions would just
make for more confusion than is necessary.

Dan