From: Owen Stephens [mailto:owen@ostephens.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:38 AM
To: Wallis,Richard
Cc: public-schemabibex@w3.org
Subject: Re: Finalising bib.schema.org 1.0 proposal

I still feel this is rushed. Most of the things here have not been discussed, and the number of people contributing to the discussion is minimal which makes it hard to feel there is community consensus around any of this one way or the other.

I don't believe we have had a proper discussion about the pros/cons of splitting this into multiple extensions (for which 'Comic' could be a candidate).

The vast majority of new Types have no specific properties associated with them which I think makes it difficult to have a sensible discussion about them (I'm not saying having specific properties is absolutely necessary to justifying a new Type, but I think it would help). I think as an absolute minimum for a Type to be approved as part of the extension there should be an example of usage/markup.

To pick out specifics:

Chapter and Thesis have some specific properties and make sense to me

I'm not convinced having a generic 'Agent' is a good idea rather than defining the things we need to support which are not Organisations or Persons. What are the things that need supporting here?

Meeting - seems like a reasonable type at first glance but shouldn't this have some properties?
MusicScore - as with Meeting

CartographicMap - is this the correct term? Aren't all maps cartographic by definition? I suspect GeographicMap is a better term, but I lack the expertise to know this with any certainty

translationOfWork
translator
workTranslation
Collection

all seem OK to me at first glance

Containers/Archive stuff - I haven't had a chance to look at

Apologies if some of this is a bit brief/brusque - just trying to get some of these issues out there before this all moves forward

Owen

Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting
Web: http://www.ostephens.com