RE: An initial proposal for bib.schema.org

I concur with Corey here: if we want to be sure this is useful to the archival community, we need to have proper participation from that community. I've worked with a number of archivists and their approach to description is quite different from the "traditional" (for want of a better word) bibliographic approach.
Rob
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 10:52:41 -0400
From: corey.harper@nyu.edu
To: owen@ostephens.com
CC: Richard.Wallis@oclc.org; public-schemabibex@w3.org
Subject: Re: An initial proposal for bib.schema.org

Dear Richard, Owen, et al.,
I'd also like to know more about the proposed timeline for discussion here. I'm particularly concerned about the "Archive Containers/Collection" set in Richard's original message. If I remember correctly, the original schema bib group didn't address archival metadata, and there weren't any archivists engaged in the conversation. I think we need to think very carefully about extending the bib extensions into another -- albeit related -- domain without appropriate representation from that group. It was hard enough reaching consensus on the bibliographic stuff the first time around.
I suspect this comment is also related to the discussion of Toys and Kits going on in other threads, as those types are largely used in cataloging for special collections & archives.
A better sense of timing would be useful, as I think I'd like to start pointing some of my archives metadata colleagues to this thread.
Thanks,-Corey