Re: An initial proposal for bib.schema.org

Very nice! It will be great to have comics-specific bibliographic types and
properties to make use of and map to. Just for clarification, this
supersedes the current Comics proposal, with the potential for these
elements to be incorporated in the main branch of schema.org at some point?

A few suggestions/comments for comics:

1. inker --- suggestion for definition: *"individual who finalizes (or
embellishes, finishes, retraces) the pencil drawings in ink after pencils
are complete"*, to call out the artistic role and remove the negative
connotation with the term "tracing" in relationship to inking comics.

2. ComicIssue --- suggestion for definition: *"All comic issues can be
uniquely identified by: the combination of the name and volume number of
the series to which the issue belongs; the issue number; and the variant
description of the issue"*, may also want to add publisher name here as
well. Many licenses pass from publisher to publisher, all having the same
name and possibly volume number (e.g. Godzilla [1]), making it hard to
identify titles without the publisher or imprint name.

3. Volumes --- is there a reason ComicVolume is not included? For example,
PublicationVolume -> ComicVolume would seem to fit. I know that the Grand
Comics Database and other sites do not incorporate a volume number, but
other resources, like ComicVine and Overstreet do group issues within a
series by volume and designate a volume number (either officially or
unofficially), in addition to the start year [2].

4. Manga --- has Manga been addressed previously? Perhaps not in this exact
version of the extension, but I do think there would be some benefit to
having a specific subtype for Manga as a distinctive format of comics
material, especially with regard to library materials.

5. Would it be possible to add a reprints/reprintedIn (or collects)
property pair to ComicIssue? Or perhaps there is an existing equivalent
that can be suggested. This is a pretty helpful property for describing
relationships between and linking together comics material, and is often
used to describe the contents of collected editions [2] [3].

6. variantCover ---- While I think most variances of note between issues
will be the cover art, there are others such as newsstand editions, direct
editions, price variants, etc., and while these all relate to the cover
(and are clarified in the example), perhaps modify the definition slightly
to read *"A description of the variance of the issue, if the issue is a
variant edition or printing". *

Again nice work, I'm looking forward to seeing this published. I'm
particularly fond of the Containers/Collections group for use with comics,
especially Shelf.

Sean Petiya

[1] IDW - http://www.comics.org/series/72969/, Dark Horse -
http://www.comics.org/series/16216/, Marvel -