I suppose the schema:url property would be expected to be a link to the ‘thing’, whereas a doi url links you to a description of the article which is the sameAs the description we are building in our examples.

I presume in some cases that the URI would be the same (for the article text and the description) in others it would be different. Personally I would lean towards using schema:sameAs in at least some of our examples.

~Richard

On 14 Jan 2014, at 14:13, Young,Jeff (OR) <jyoung@oclc.org<mailto:jyoung@oclc.org>> wrote:

It seems to me that the DOI should be schema:sameAs rather than schema:url.

I notice that the schema:author/publisher/about are treated as text strings sometimes and blank node typed entities in others. Perhaps this was intentional?

Other than that, it looks good.

Jeff

From: Wallis,Richard [mailto:Richard.Wallis@oclc.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:51 AM
To: public-schemabibex@w3.org<mailto:public-schemabibex@w3.org>
Subject: Proposing Article

Hi and Happy New Year!

A simple one to start the conversation in 2014.

Can I have +/- 1’s for submitting the Article proposal <http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/wiki/Article> to the public-vocabs list.

The only change I would make is to it’s name which I think should be “Periodicals, Articles & Multi-volume Works”

~Richard