Comic Book - further work - Was: Re: Relationships to Art - Was: Schemabibex Group entering a different phase

Hi Henry:

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 11:04 PM, Henry Andrews <hha1@cornell.edu> wrote:

> With apologies as this has probably been answered somewhere, but what does
> this all mean for further work on the Comic Book schema?  I admit that I
> have only been skimming the list since that was set aside for a focus on
> more fundamental concepts (a plan I fully agreed with)

I intend to keep working on the Comic Book schema as long as you and Peter
are interested and willing! You can see me mention this in the notes from
the last call (http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/wiki/Meet_20140219)

A few weeks ago I updated the Comics and Periodicals Synthesis proposal to
reflect what it looks like, assuming that the Periodical proposal is
accepted by W3 Schemas:
http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/wiki/Periodicals_and_Comics_synthesis

With the recent Sports ontology proposal on the table, the contributor role
debate is back in play--that is to say, rather than creating another
handful of properties like inker, coverArtist, penciler, etc, to create
something like a Contributor type that has a "role" property, which in turn
can point to an external enumeration that identifies the specific role or
roles that that contributor played in the creation of the CreativeWork in
question. This will be a much more flexible approach for handling
contributor roles across schema.org if it is accepted, and could heavily
impact the Comic Book extension... hopefully that will play out over the
next week or two.

I'll try to pull together some concrete examples that will demonstrate what
the possible markup scenarios will look like; right now it's a little past
bedtime and I need my beauty sleep :)

Dan