Re: Holdings

Thad, what you describe is exactly how libraries work. Each has a
different barcode for their copies regardless of whether it's a separate
library or a branch in a system. They also have a different barcode for
each copy of the same book/DVD/CD in that library. That's because the
barcode is at the physical copy level. "Item" in this case really does
mean "instance" not "product."

I agree that IndivudualProduct has this same sense. And that's where
serialNumber is coming from. Serial number ~= library use of barcode.

Where we're stuck is on the other useful number, the shelf number. I
don't know of anything equivalent in schema... but admit that schema has
a lot of properties and there might be one that fits this case.

kc

m: 1-510-435-8234
skype: kcoylenet