Re: Group mission statement

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net> wrote:
> Here's the one-sentence group mission statement:
>
> "The mission of this group is to discuss and prepare proposal(s) for
> extending Schema.org schemas for the improved representation of
> bibliographic information markup and sharing."
>
> Notice that libraries are not mentioned.

Karen, 100% agreed, libraries are an obvious subset for this mission
but far from the sole focus. I even quoted the mission statement in
one of my overly lengthy emails a few days ago:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-schemabibex/2013Jul/0075.html
:)

That said, given my current role of trying to bend a library system
into shape as one reference implementation (hopefully just one of
many, across different domains!) for our efforts, I hope I'll be
forgiven for unintentionally being too inward-looking from time to
time!