Re: alternate identifier draf

Karen,

the example is not RDFa but microdata... Which is per se o.k., but the microdata->RDF conversion will not create a blank node when it sees a @itemprop="identifier/name" construct. Nor will RDFa, for that matter. The result with RDFa will be something like (I just mechanically created an RDFa file and ran it through my converter):

@prefix ns1: <http://schema.org/identifier/> .
@prefix schema: <http://schema.org/> .

[] a schema:Book;
    schema:author "Claude-Michel Schonberg, Alain Boublil, and Herbert   Kretzmer.";
    schema:bookFormat schema:Paperback;
    schema:by "Hal Leonard ";
    schema:description "For Piano/Vocal. Vocal Selections. ";
    ns1:issued "Hal Leonard ";
    ns1:name "HL.114335";
    schema:name "Les Miserables. (Selections from the Movie).";
    schema:numberOfPages " 88 pages.";
    schema:publisher " Published by Hal Leonard  " .

which is not what you would expect:-( To do it right in HTML+RDFa (but, I would think, in microdata as well, it is just that I am more 'fluent' in RDFa) one has to something like

         by <span property="author" >Claude-Michel Schonberg, Alain Boublil, and Herbert   Kretzmer.</span>
    <link property="bookFormat" href="http://schema.org/Paperback">Softcover</a>.

yielding

[] a schema:Book;
    schema:author "Claude-Michel Schonberg, Alain Boublil, and Herbert   Kretzmer.";
    schema:bookFormat schema:Paperback;
    schema:description "For Piano/Vocal. Vocal Selections. ";
    schema:identifier [ a schema:Identifier;
            schema:issuedBy "Hal Leonard";
            schema:name "HL.114335" ];
    schema:name "Les Miserables. (Selections from the Movie).";
    schema:numberOfPages " 88 pages.";
    schema:publisher "Hal Leonard, (HL.114335)" .

Which is not exactly the same, b.t.w., because the publisher field will also include the identifier stuff...

Sorry...:-)

Ivan

On Jan 20, 2013, at 24:44 , Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net> wrote:

> I have added a second identifier proposal [1], much simpler than the first (and possibly too simple -- it is a first draft).
>
> kc
> [1] http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/wiki/Identifier-2
> --
> Karen Coyle