Re: Some Draft SchemaBibEx Proposals

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Richard Wallis
<richard.wallis@oclc.org> wrote:
> Description of an isbn:
>     name (characters that make up the number): 093738318X
>     type (the numbering scheme it is in): ISBN
>     issuing authority: Bowker
>     issue date: 1997
>     assigned to: http://www.bookwire.com/9780985887025
>
> OR using the SKOS proposal:
>
> <http://bowker.com/identifiers/isbn/9780553479430>
>     a skos:Concept;
>     schema:name "093738318X";
>     schema:inScheme <http://bowker.com/concept-scheme/isbn> ;
>     schema:focus <http://www.bookwire.com/9780985887025>.
>
> Markup of the concept-scheme could, in this model, provide information about
> the issuing authority.  Not sure yet how I would map the issue date property

It probably belongs to a block of identifiers of a certain size which
may have a history of ownership transfer and an expiration date and
all sorts of other administrivial detail, but surely that's of
vanishingly small interest to someone who's just trying to uniquely
identify a book (edition).

Note also that schema.org's Product.gtin13 property includes all
ISBN-13 codes (and ISBN-10 codes which have been translated).

Tom