Re: Describing libraries in schema.org

The additionalType property needs to be used carefully.

Firstly it is a property that was added to Thing specifically because
Microdata (unlike RDFa and other RDF based formats) can not associate one
Thing with more than one Type  - eg. This Book is also an Offer ­ giving us
the ability to add pricing etc. to something that does not have it.

Secondly, from the documentation: ³Schema.org tools may have only weaker
understanding of extra types, in particular those defined externally.²  So
ideally we should try to use stuff already defined in Schema ­ or at least
external stuff that is marked up using Schema.

~Richard