Re: Works and instances

Tom, I like your example. I believe that this is similar to my thinking,
which is that there are individuals or aggregations that one can link
to, some which may be at the work level, and some that may be at a more
specific level. For example, in Freebase, if you look for "Gomorra" it
lists the movie and the book separately. But you can link to both with
something like "commonEndeavor" (Ross's property) which not only links
them to your data, but gives them a connection through your data. After
all, this is about creating graphs, no?

Yours is a particularly interesting example because links to the book
and to the movie produce different graphs (or at least that's how I read
it) although the graphs intersect at some points. And you only need one
good link to become part of the graph. I prefer thinking about this data
as "graphs" than as Works and Instances. I think it gets us closer to
the reality.

kc

--
Karen Coyle