Re: "citation" property needed on ScholarlyArticle

On 13/02/2013 10:18, "Ed Summers" <ehs@pobox.com> wrote:

> +1 of support from me for promoting citation from
> MedicalScholarlyArticle to ScholarlyArticle.
>
> I think you could probably push it even further up to Article, and
> also adding it to Book. Unfortunately, I suspect it doesn't belong in
> CreativeWork, since paintings, diets and software don't typically cite
> things. But maybe I'm not squinting correctly :-)

I'm not so sure that you would have 'audio' in a painting, or
contentLocation is particularly relevant to software.

Could citation be used for paintings that include representations of other
paintings?

I would suggest that citation may be relevant in enough of CreativeWork's
sub-types for it to be one of those properties that would be useful to many,
but not all.  The alternative would be to sprinkle it into only some of the
sub-types, a process that no doubt at a later date we would discover will
have missed something.

~Richard.