Re: "citation" property needed on ScholarlyArticle

+1 of support from me for promoting citation from
MedicalScholarlyArticle to ScholarlyArticle.

I think you could probably push it even further up to Article, and
also adding it to Book. Unfortunately, I suspect it doesn't belong in
CreativeWork, since paintings, diets and software don't typically cite
things. But maybe I'm not squinting correctly :-)

Alf, I haven't seen itemref and itemid used this way before. Reading
the HTML 5 doc on this [1] makes me think that the id property should
be used instead. So instead of your bibliography having:

you would have:

Or am I misreading the microdata spec?

//Ed

[1] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/microdata.html