Re: The subject of a course.

From: Richard Wallis <richard.wallis@dataliberate.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 09:16:35 +0000
To: Alan Paull <alan@alanpaull.co.uk>
Cc: "public-schema-course-extend@w3.org" <public-schema-course-extend@w3.org>
On 22 March 2016 at 09:02, Alan Paull <alan@alanpaull.co.uk> wrote:

> The about property should be used where a single word or short phrase is
> used,

The about property in Schema expects a Thing.  This means, as per other
CreativeWork types, it can contain a Text or the URI of a Thing that the
Course is about.

> I am presuming that use of subject vocabularies in this context is out of
> scope?

No it is not - as per the above, the URI of a subject is well within scope
- this is an oft used pattern for bibliographic material, referencing for
example Library of Congress Subject Headings.

~Richard.

Alan Paull