Re: Course, a new dawn?

I am concerned that in the name of simplicity, we are losing the ability to
understand the various things a Course may be:

1. The abstract notion (e.g. "HNC Accounting").
2. A specific session of the Course (e.g. HNC Accounting taught at St
Brycedale Campus Kirkcaldy starting 2016-08-29).
3. An offer to sell access to a Course. In the online world, this is
usually a specific session.

As the examples are written, I cannot tell the difference between
definitions 1) and 2), particularly because the first example gives dates.

I think we need to move back to a model where there is:

1. Course which is a subtype of CreativeWork
2. CourseOffering (or CourseSession if Offering is too close to Offer)
 which is a subtype of Event
3. Use the "offers" property on CreativeWork and Event to allow someone to
specify an Offer to sell access to a Course or CourseSession as appropriate.

- Vicki

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vtardif@google.com