Re: Introduction

Hi Chris, great to have you here.

On 19/02/2016 12:04, Chris Lowis wrote:
> Pleased to meet you all. It seems like a good place for me to start
> would be to see if the proposed schema maps well to our current course
> catalogue on FutureLearn, and to take a look over the Use Cases. Would
> that be sensible?

Yes, those would be very sensible places to start.  It would be useful
to have your point  of view on the use cases in general: which are
important, which would require information that you do not hold, are any
missing, and so on. Likewise the proposal.

You can get some idea from the email archives [1] which use cases we
have been discussing (even is you don't want to dive deeply into the
details being discussed).

I hope each use case will eventually lead to examples loosely based on
existing web pages which will show how the course extension can be
applied to real-world data [2].  It would be great to include an example
based on an OpenLearn course, so if you have any ideas around which
pages might be potential examples that would be great.

Let us know if you have any questions.

All the best, Phil

1. https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-schema-course-extend/
2. e.g.
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-schema-course-extend/2016Feb/0044.html

--
Phil Barker           @philbarker
LRMI, Cetis, ICBL     http://people.pjjk.net/phil

Workflow: http://www.icbl.hw.ac.uk/~philb/workflow/

-----
We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.