Re: Examples Re: Modelling Course and CourseOffering

On Feb 16, 2016 11:59 AM, "Wes Turner" <wes.turner@gmail.com> wrote:

> is this an identity, or is there value in comparing parsed example output
as (sorted) text in turtle/N3? this may be helpful for validating examples:

> from collections import OrderedDict
> jsonld_odict=OrderedDict(jsonld)
> ttl1 = rdfa2ttl(
>   jinja2.template.render(
>    '#rdfa-tmpl.jinja',
>    context=jsonld_odict))
> ttl2 = jsonld2ttl(jsonld_odict)
> assertEqual(ttl1, ttl2)
>
> s/ttl/n3/

[Check out @westurner's Tweet:
https://twitter.com/westurner/status/693714005479682048?s=09]

I should be around to merge PRs to #972.

- I've got a Makefile, a Dockerfile, and a start at some additional tests
but no real work to show for defining the schema.
  - how do we keep descriptions in sync from the gdoc?
   - [ ] gdoc -> csv (c,)//(p,) -> jinja2templates[c or
p].render(**rowtodict(row))

> On Feb 16, 2016 7:56 AM, "Phil Barker" <phil.barker@hw.ac.uk> wrote:
>>

>> On 16/02/2016 13:40, Dan Brickley wrote:
>>>
>>> Can I put in a vote for JSON-LD or Microdata/RDFa in those examples;
I'm afraid Turtle/N3 remains a relatively esoteric skill, and it would be
good to keep examples close to the form that will be in eventual use in the
wider Web (and on schema.org). Dan

>> Yep, that's where I'm heading. The copies I am working on have RDFa, the
N3 is generated automatically by rdf-translator.appspot.com So you can view
source on
>> <http://www.icbl.hw.ac.uk/~philb/temp/schCExt/FifeAccounting.html> for
the RDFa

>> In the past I've used rdf-translator to generate JSON-LD, but the output
needs simplifying before it can be used for schema.org examples.
http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/convert/rdfa/json-ld/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.icbl.hw.ac.uk%2F~philb%2Ftemp%2FschCExt%2FFifeAccounting.html

>> It's pretty easy to generate microdata examples from the RDFa
>>
>> Phil
>>
>> --
>> Phil Barker           @philbarker
>> LRMI, Cetis, ICBL     http://people.pjjk.net/phil
>> Heriot-Watt University
>>
>> Workflow: http://www.icbl.hw.ac.uk/~philb/workflow/
>>

>> ----- We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers
to join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary
themes. Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and
how