Re: Cost

On 10 February 2016 at 21:16, Wes Turner <wes.turner@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Offer
>> +seller
>> +offeredBy   # is this the same as seller to existing aplications with
>> and without RDFS class inference?
>>

> Logically offeredBy and seller are similar relationships between the Offer
and the Person or Organization making the offer.  However ’seller’ implies
that there a transaction involved in the process.   ‘offeredBy’ is a fairly
recent addition to Schema.org to accommodate those of a non-commercial
outlook who felt that ’seller’ would not always be appropriate.

> And then to clarify the real transaction,
> There is an :Offer
> for a :Service
> and/or a :Product (e.g. a :Credential > :OpenBadgesBadgeClass),
> which then, in addition to time and effort Project(:Mission, :Goals,
> :Objectives (%), {Tasks/Actions/...}),
> yields an instance of said Credential,
> per the terms of the Offer for Service and Product.

@Wes I find your questions & inputs very helpful but sometimes I do find
your structured short-hand a little hard to follow. In this case the
following is totally opaque to me:

and/or a :Product (e.g. a :Credential > :OpenBadgesBadgeClass),
which then, in addition to time and effort Project(:Mission, :Goals,
:Objectives (%), {Tasks/Actions/...}),

Like most community groups associated with Schema.org, I believe we have a
group of people sharing an interest and passion in making the vocabulary
more useful to our area of interest.  However, we almost certainly do not
all share similar technical backgrounds and skill sets.  So on behalf of
others who are not immersed in the working processes and practices that you
are, can I appeal for slightly more layman consumable language in our
discussions.
~Richard.