Re: Modelling Course and CourseOffering

Hi Phil

Thanks for your clarifications. I am happy with your interpretations of my feedback, your recent wiki additions and with the Course and CourseOffering parent-child model proposed (+1). I guess if that is acceptable then the relevant properties of each will follow a similar pattern to existing schemas: Course would have things like qualifications and level; CourseOffering would have temporal/spatial/attendance-related properties. I will need to look existing schema.org properties.

I have no strong views about the Intangible or CreativeWork decision. I guess that some courses could effectively be just (collections of) authored learning objects that someone could choose to take at any time or place, which could lean towards CreativeWork; but then again, some other courses could be more like participation in some kind of event (or series of events, maybe like driving lessons), which leans towards Intangible. I just don’t know (+0).

Tavis Reddick