Re: Screen Capture CG meetings at TPAC 2024 [via Screen Capture Community Group]

With any luck, WordPress will allow the following rich-text copy of the

TPAC 2024 is fast upon us, and this year, the Screen Capture Community
Group will be holding two meetings:

*First meeting (1/2), 24 September 2024, 16:30–18:00 (details
<https://www.w3.org/events/meetings/f3553156-8aa7-41fa-9f85-1e8848b995f9/>):*
A joint one between the Screen Capture CG and the WebRTC WG. We will cover
both new and ongoing topics, including:

   - New API surfaces to facilitate dynamically switching shared surfaces
   during a video call.
   - New API changes to increase the capturing application's insight into
   the true resolution of shared surfaces.
   - Continued discussion of Element Capture (link
   <https://developer.chrome.com/docs/web-platform/element-capture>)
   - Continued discussion of Captured Surface Control (link
   <https://developer.chrome.com/docs/web-platform/captured-surface-control>
   )

*Second meeting (2/2), 27 September 2024, 11:00–12:30 (details
<https://www.w3.org/events/meetings/1124e764-4079-4a2b-a1df-53e762060909/>):*
A standalone session for the Screen Capture CG. Unlike our typical
meetings, which are usually structured discussions of newly proposed Web
APIs, this session will be a free-form discussion on any topics related to
screen-sharing that participants bring up. We will intentionally avoid a
fixed agenda, but to kick off the conversation, here are some ideas we
could discuss:

   - Capturing a rectangular sub-section of the screen.
   - Comparison of "media-picker" experiences across various browsers and
   operating systems, discussing what works and why.
   - Sharing audio - inconsistencies across surface-types, operating
   systems and browsers.
   - Echo cancellation.
   - The challenges of sharing audio from a multi-window application.
   - Beyond mere screen-capture; what about remote control? Could this ever
   be possible on the open Web?
   - Any other topics participants would like to bring up.

Please don't hesitate to mail me at eladalon@google.com with any questions
you might have, or even just to mention that you'll be dropping by.