Re: All the Agents Challenge (ATAC) at ISWC 2021

Hi Melvin,

Am 21.05.21 um 19:51 schrieb Melvin Carvalho:
> Thanks for sharing this fascinating topic.  I'm very much interested in
> autonomous agents on the read-write web.  I have built a few of these in
> the past, and they seem to lack teeth.  The phrase "where are all the
> agents" resonates with me, and motivates me to try and look for
> something more robust
>
> Browsing the links you provided, lead me to this: Introduction to
> Multi-Agent systems
>
> https://cw.fel.cvut.cz/b191/_media/courses/be4m36mas/mas2016-l01-introduction.pdf
> Would you say this is a good start for understanding where the research
> on this topic is at?
> Would love to read if you could share any links

That's a general introduction to MAS, and probably does not reflect so
much the web part.  Some would maybe think that already single agents
doing useful things on the web would be a step forward.  A more webby
rough introduction in which I was involved could be a tutorial at the
IoT conference [1].  In my echo chamber, we often use Linked Data-Fu [2]
for rule-based simple reflex agents.  I have CC'ed Andrei who may give
you some more pointers from his perspective.

[1] http://people.aifb.kit.edu/co1683/2020/iot-tutorial/
[2] http://linked-data-fu.github.io/

> Also looking forward to the environments being released on 22 May.  Not
> being an academic myself, Im hesitant to try and submit an agent to
> solve the maze, or turn the lights off in the building

No need to be afraid. We love practical things. The environments
released are the maze and the building.

> I'm also interested in any submissions to this challenge, including
> evolutionary agents.  This little demo of fish as agents in an
> evolutionary environment with finite resources I really like because it
> has emergent properties:
>
> http://caza.la/shoal/

Cool stuff!

Cheers,