Re: tracking state changes in a temporal read-write web

On 5/21/21 8:42 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On Fri, 21 May 2021 at 13:58, Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk
> <mailto:jonas@jones.dk>> wrote:
>
>     Quoting Melvin Carvalho (2021-05-21 13:34:52)
>     > this is the outline of a strategy to track state changes in a
>     temporal
>     > read-write web
>     >
>     > by no means the only strategy, but an aim to generalize some of the
>     > recent discussions
>
>     Sorry, but I don't follow: What do you generalize and what is
>     specific?
>

> General outline, to tie something that evolves (over time) on the
> read-write web, to an external timestamp server, which is designed to
> order blocks of data in time
>
> Specific would be an example strategy to do this using hashes to track
> state on the web side, and on a block chain side
>

>     Seems you generalize over *which* blockchain but talk specifically
>     about
>     blockchain-driven RWW.
>

> So, it should be blockchain agnostic, to rely on a number of block
> chains ordered in time, which allow two way links
>
> The RWW data should also be quite general.  So no specific use case,
> but rather, something that can be hashed.  So that would be any
> document, any quad store, any file system, any git tree for example
>

>     Do I understand that correctly, or what is otherwise general about it?
>

> You probably have understood correctly, given I was not terribly clear
> in my outline.  More a starting point that can be refined into spec,
> and an implementation.
>
> It's definitely not a general solution to all temporal based
> read-write web problems, for example in our discussions there were
> good points made about local timestamping and global timestamping, I
> touched only on global, and not local.  In that sense it was specific.
>
> Aiming to outline one solution that can be part of the puzzle...

Long story short, as I see it:

A Giant Global Entity Relationship Graph (or GGG, for short) where
Create, Insert, Update, and Delete operations are loosely-bound to
transaction logs offered by blockchains.

That isn't necessarily what defines a Read-Write Web per se., it just
adds functionality that would benefit certain kinds of solutions
leveraging infrastructure provided by said GGG.

Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com
Community Support: https://community.openlinksw.com
Weblogs (Blogs):
Company Blog: https://medium.com/openlink-software-blog