Re: Coherent (modern) definition of RWW

On 5/19/21 9:02 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting Nathan Rixham (2021-05-19 14:37:51)
>> On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 1:20 PM Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> wrote:
>>
>>> Quoting Melvin Carvalho (2021-05-19 13:14:37)

>>> Related to the above, Atomic Data seems an interesting concrete
>>> approach to use a subset of RDF optimized for lesser confusion for
>>> non-RDF developers: https://docs.atomicdata.dev/motivation.html
>> Very nice, when multiple parties independently create the same thing,
>> for years on end, then it's reasonable to assert they're on the right
>> path, and encountering the same issues w/ the same clear solution.
> Are you saying that others have invented something similar to Atomic
> Data?  I'd be quite interested in learning more about that.

Yes, as in Read-Write Linked Data technology which I think we've been
doing for eons :)

Most recently, we put some this work into higher level tools outside of
Virtuoso and our OpenLink Data Spaces platforms such as:

[1] The OpenLink Structured Data Sniffer (OSDS) for Chromium-based
Browsers
<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/openlink-structured-data/egdaiaihbdoiibopledjahjaihbmjhdj?hl=en>
-- which can process Linked Data deployed via URIs; transform JSON and
CSV into Linked Data (5-Star variety); handled storage to File System or
DBMS; deconstruct URIs and even offer SPARQL Edititing etc..

[2] The OpenLink Structured Data Sniffer for Firefox
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/openlink-structured-data-sniff/>

There are also other RWW tools like Dokie.li [3] that work very well
with OSDS e.g., inline editing of existing HTML docs that includes
marking out relations using Nanotation (a little scheme I created for
generating Linked Data from blocks of structured data embedded in text).

[3] Dokie.li Extension for Chromium-based Browser
<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dokieli/ddmhaonbhodhgkaljpjlglodncddalid?hl=en>

For the time-challenged, here are some screencasts demonstrating aspects
of these browser extensions:

[1] Demonstrating the combined use of OSDS and Dokie.li
<https://youtu.be/J-T_lMQZECQ>

[2] Demonstrating OSDS and The OpenLink Structured Data Bot (OSDB)
<https://youtu.be/1EgpVTlY05A> re "Search Action" discovery from RDF
published via HTML using terms from the Schema.org vocabulary

[3] My screencasts demo collection on YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/c/KingsleyIdehen/videos>

Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com
Community Support: https://community.openlinksw.com
Weblogs (Blogs):