Re: Coherent (modern) definition of RWW

On Wed, 19 May 2021 at 15:16, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 17 May 2021 at 23:28, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 5/17/21 10:27 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> > Quoting Kingsley Idehen (2021-05-17 15:39:52)

>> Hi Jonas,
>>

>> > As I understand it, some of the hype around blockchain is that it
>> > addresses some of the above - and some the criticism is that it does
>> not
>> > address all of them (other criticism is that price is too high).
>>

>> Yes!
>>
>> The biggest issue is that Blockains hook into networks that aren't
>> cobbled together using URIs.
>>

> Yes!  The web is a web of relations, or a giant graph.  I've been using
> the term timestamp server, as satoshis said in the first white paper "our
> solution begins with a timestamp server".  Which facilitates a chain of
> blocks, which is all a block chain is.
>

>> If they get round to treating URIs as core infrastructure, it will
>> become much more useful than it is right now.
>>

> By standarizing URIs between graphs and the formats for them, we enable
> one set of functionality (e.g. temporal, sync, audit, elimination of race
> conditions) in another (permissioned read write spaces with identity).
> This is work we could look at in this group leading a temporal read write
> web
>

>> As Melvin often states:
>>
>> Most of blockchain initiatives ultimately boil down to "buy my token"
>> schemes.
>>

> I'm not against selling tokens, provided that you are up front and clear
> that, that is what you are doing
>
> In this group we are committed to royalty-free standards and protocols.
> Far too many of these tokens are a (hidden) tax at the protocol level for
> state transitions of the time stamp server.  The so-called technology is
> just a tease to get you locked in to a platform where the founders charge
> royalties, often by stealth
>
> Tokens are fine, in fact we could make our own tokens to fund various
> projects or work streams in this group.  The protocols themselves, or the
> internet scale timestamp servers, should be in the spirit of royalty-free

+1...

figure out how to form a 'moral economic fabric' that seeks to protect a
series of nominated (or declared) universal values - for example - I have
used the concept 'freedom of thought' for a long-time, but probably needs
to be fleshed out more...  IMO: old 'IP'(intellectual property) law;
doesn't work very well with 'data' or 'the web' or AI, etc...

defining innovative sustainability frameworks, is innovative...  &
important...  imo...

Timothy Holborn.