Re: Coherent (modern) definition of RWW

Hello

I second the RESTful approach! LDP is somewhat that, albeit made very strict and too much like filesystem access from what I understand.

Store Graph is on the other hand very crude, making it difficult to apply authorization for one.

A resource-oriented approach using HTTP is potentially better for generic clients (given enough descriptions using Hydra, SHACL, etc) and also easier on more human audience (meaning developers, for starters).

Rather than figuring out an all-encompassing protocol which will suit no-one, I would propose to start from the simplest possible thing of RDF over HTTP and add necessary machine-readable components to allow control using standard HTTP features. I think it would also be beneficial to actually separate concerns here, some of which should be only relevant to a server. I think this would lead to a more robust solution.

This is what we’ve been trying lately with Hydra. To keep the Core slim but devise ways for more specific requirements a given API may have. I would totally see Hydra as the foundation on which to build RWW.

If this makes sense, I’ll be happy to elaborate some more

Best,
Tom