Re: Temporal Stack

On Sat, 8 May 2021 at 03:26, Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com>
wrote:

> cheers...
>
> a bit of digging led to:
> https://www.madmode.com/2012/bake-fry-frozen-flask.html which then led
> to:  http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/000404

DanC had a lot of good ideas when he was active and I believe was part of
the input to "Paper Trail"

His comment here:

"Using a database-backed, through-the-web blogging tool was a big change
for me, after over a decade of using version-controlled static files at W3C"

Version control has come a long way since he wrote that in 2012.
Especially with git based systems and web based git systems.  The immersive
read write experience with version control seems a step closer

But there's a sight paradox.  And that is while git is designed to be
decentralized, github is has become used as a semi-centralized way of doing
things.

You make a change on the web or on your file system, and then you write and
commit it to git locally, and usually you push that change to github etc.

What is needed is web scale version control

This would allow reading and writing to the web, and browsing the history,
without it being controlled by one silo, one archival service or one website