Re: A Quick Note on WebID history - Re: All the Agents Challenge (ATAC) at ISWC 2021

Hi Rixham,

On 7/25/21 10:50 AM, Nathan Rixham wrote:
> JSON w/ URIs has seemed obvious for a decade or more.

Yes.

> In a sense it's sad that this field has been encumbered with rdf and
> it's legacy baggage harking right back to xml for so long, because if
> it wasn't, we'd arguably be a decade further along and just have (a
> standardized) JSON w/ URIs for 95%+ of common web / web data needs.

"RDF and its legacy baggage" is the product of misguided politics.

RDF, as you know, is neither serialization- nor storage format-specific.

Misguided, yes, due the enormous toll its misrepresentation (and
resulting misunderstanding) has taken on the world [1].

Links:

[1]
https://twitter.com/search?q=%40kidehen%20goes%20on%20and%20on&src=typed_query&f=live
-- it goes on, and on, and on ...