Re: Search

OK. Thanks. Sorry for attaching this message to the thread but I have a
question or two in which both of us will obviously disagree. And I'd would
like a second opinion.

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019, 12:39 PM Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@atomgraph.com>
wrote:

> You have to question first if the components you envision are required
> in the real world. I do not think a meta-model is necessary.

Isn't it RDF (triples / quads model abstractions) a model for, let's say,
ontologies (other models). Aren't upper ontologies models for other models
too? Isn't the term metamodel referencing the "model of a model"
abstraction we use all the time (think of the relational model "modelling"
of a database schema "model").

> We extract data from cloud services, convert to RDF, align the
> vocabularies and reconcile IDs using SPARQL. With the data in a
> triplestore, we build APIs and end-user apps using our Linked Data
> Templates-driven platform.

When I think about meta models I use the term more in the upper ontology
sense, de aggregating statements to a root concepts layer (semiotic layer
sense) and then encoding them into an aggregated augmentable model / schema
/ entity matching enabled model (layers) which in its lower layer is also
"dimensional" aware, thus allowing to match different models entities and
different entities "measures" (occurrences / roles / attributes).

> All the projections and aggregations are done using SPARQL.

The proposed "metamodel" could ingest any triple and align it into a
semiotic layer from which "upper aggregations" enables discovering of
models entities matching and dimensional features and augmentations.

The main objective is to have a functional / object oriented set of
components and domain driven facades for knowledge behaviors.

The notion of a small "component" library for a "real world" application
could be something that could be plugged in, for example:

http://stanbol.apache.org or
http://servicemix.apache.org

Regards,
Sebastián.