Re: webid instant message alpha testing

Hi Melvin,

I tried with Firefox and it looked like I was able to post messages but
nothing seem to stick.  Some broken icons too.  I tried with Chrome but I'm
just getting an authentication failure (although I used my WebID in Chrome
all of the time).  Other than that, I love the idea of a WebID driven chat!
 - Erich

Debugger results from authentication problem with Chrome:

* Checking client TLS handshake (public key matches private key)...
FAILED (Reason:
NONE)
FATAL: No ownership! Could not verify that the client certificate's public
key matches their private key.

Your certificate contains the following WebIDs:

   No WebID URIs found in the provided certificate!

   The WebID URI used to claim your identity is:
   - (your claim was UNSUCCESSFUL!)

   The WebID URL suffix (to be signed) for your service provider is:
   - ?error=certNoOwnership

   Unless both of those strings map to the same number, your identification
   experience will vary across clients.

   Error code:
   - certNoOwnership

   *Your certificate in PEM format: *

   *Your certificate in text format: *

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
wrote:

> For those with a webid I've been working on an instant message app, which
> is now in early alpha testing
>
> http://webid.im/
>
> There are a few current limitations
>
> - works best on chrome
> - you need a name and avatar in your webid
>
> Source code is available at :
>
> https://github.com/melvincarvalho/webid.im
>
> It's still quite buggy, but hopefully will be improving with time

Erich Bremer, M.Sc.
Director for Cyberinfrastructure
Health Sciences Division of Applied Informatics
Stony Brook Medicine
Tel. : 1-631-444-3560
Fax  : 1-631-444-8873
Cell : 1-631-681-6228